WARRANTY & EXCHANGE POLICY
3 YEAR WARRANTY:
All Windfall Jewellery items are guaranteed for a period of 3 years, from the date of purchase, against faults in materials and workmanship, irrespective of the country of purchase. Your Windfall Jewellery item will be repaired or replaced free of charge, provided that the fault falls within the terms of this guarantee.
Our 3 year warranty includes:
- 1 complimentary rhodium plating (when your wedding band is purchased from us)
- Tightening of claws
- Complimentary replacement of small accent stones in the band or halo of engagement ring or engagement ring provided no damage is present
*Please note our 3 year warranty does not cover physical damage or loss. General wear and tear, including scratches dents and misshapen materials is excluded and also if the piece has been taken to and worked on by another jeweller (including for resizing) or if the ring has been tampered with.
To avoid any disappointment with your item we recommend our partner specialist insurance company www.qreport.com.au which covers accidental damage and loss plus more with an excess of only $100. It is one of the most sentimental and expensive purchases we make in our lives after all, so it makes sense to cover it in all situations for your peace of mind and to take some of the sting out of a situation where your ring has been damaged or lost, knowing it is fully covered for repair or replacement.
In the instance an item is faulty, the item must be returned for inspection.
It is our aim that you never receive a faulty item however with handmade items we do from time to time run into human error in the manufacturing process. If this is the case we will try our best to rectify as quickly as possible. Please email us your order number, a brief description of the fault to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will look into it for you.In the instance that the item is a gift, you have 30 days from the date of purchase to notify us that you want to change it for something else. Not 6 months, not a year later, 30 days.
Australian Consumer Law (ACL) states:
Retailers are not required to provide a refund or replacement if you change your mind or circumstance.
Engagement, Wedding & Custom Rings
READY TO WEAR PIECES: If you purchase a ring directly from us from our shop/display and he/she, they/them isn't 100% happy, we are happy to exchange the ring for another that they are welcome to design. Failing that you are also welcome to a store credit within 14 days. Store credits have no expiration date so take as long as you need to decide what you would like to have in its place.
BESPOKE & CUSTOM DESIGNS: If the ring purchased via consult in store, email or via the website is one of our existing styles in our collections that you've chosen to be made to order (bespoke; made to your choosing of specific size, colour and stone combination) or a complete custom design, you are welcome to an exchange, a new design or a store credit minus a 30% restocking fee (of the total value)
- A store credit will only be issued if the following is met:
- Ring must be in unworn condition, not altered, scratch free + no damage
- All items are in the original packaging
- Order is returned within 14 days of purchase (30 days for international customers)
Any items that do not meet these criteria are not eligible for a return.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Once your have finalised the style you would like and your order is placed, a 3D drawing (CAD) will be created based on the style and specs you have requested. This will be sent to you for your approval before we create the physical piece. At this stage prior to your sign off, minor adjustments (like a change to shape of the band, claw placement, width or thickness of a part of the ring if it is not quote right with no additional design charge. However, you will incur additional CAD fees of $200 per change if you change your mind and decide to change to a different ring style all together after.
If you change your mind and decide to cancel your order all together at CAD approval stage, this CAD fee will apply and is non-refundable.
CANCELLATION + PAYMENT POLICY
Once a deposit has been made either via email, phone, in store, or online your final payment is due within 4 weeks of your completion date. We will notify you of the completion of your piece and your account must be settled within 4 weeks of being notified. If final payment has not been made a storage fee of $100 every 4 weeks is added to your final invoice. On the rare occasion we do not hear from you after the deposit has been made you will forfeit all moneys paid if no contact is made within 60 days. Basically, just stay in touch and keep in contact with us. Once a deposit or full payment has been made you have agreed to our terms and conditions.
COMPLIMENTARY RESIZE POLICY
We offer a complimentary resize on all of our engagement and wedding rings. Resizing must be within 1-2 sizes either way, up or down. All resizes outside of that size range are charged at $100 per size up or down.
Complimentary resize must be done within 3 months.
Other conditions for returning items:
- Return shipping is at the customers expense. We recommend using a trackable and registered service. We also recommend keeping a copy of your tracking information as we do not accept responsibility for lost or damage in transit.
- Store Credit does not have an expiry date. We will set this up as a Gift Card and you can use online, via email or in person and will be made out and emails to the details on the original order.
- We inspect all items upon receipt back to our studio. If returned items are assessed as being worn, damaged, altered or returned outside of the timeframe goods will be returned to you.
- Returns for a resize is only accepted for 1-2 sizes. Any smaller or larger mean the ring has to be remade and this is not covered under the 'free resizing' offer.
- Any work carried out by a jeweller other than Windfall Jewellery Pty Ltd voids any existing warranty on your item
How to Return your item/s
- Step 1. Ensure all the above conditions in our policy have been met
- Step 2. Email email@example.com and request a Returns Form to be emailed to you. Print and complete
- Step 3. Return your order and the Returns Form. We recommend a Signature on Delivery service with a tracking number. You are also welcome to drop it back to us in person
- Step 4. Once your item has been received you will receive a credit code to use on your next purchase.