REPAIRS & WARRANTY
All Windfall Jewellery items are guaranteed for a period of 12 months, from the date of purchase/collection, against faults in materials and workmanship, irrespective of the country of purchase. Your Windfall Jewellery item will be repaired or replaced free of charge, provided that the fault falls within the terms of this guarantee.
In the instance an item is faulty, the item must be returned for inspection.
In the instance that the item is a gift, you have 30 days from the date you collect your item/delivery to notify us that you want to change it for something else. Not 6 months, not a year later, 30 days.
Australian Consumer Law (ACL) states:
Retailers are not required to provide a refund or replacement if you change your mind.
Engagement Rings: If you purchase a ring directly from us from our shop/display and she absolutely hates it, we are happy to exchange the ring for another that she is welcome to design. Failing that you are also welcome to a refund within 14 days. Item MUST BE in unworn, sellable condition). All accounts will be settled at the end of each calendar month.
If the ring is custom made to order ie. specific size, colour combination, via email or the website you are welcome to an exchange, a new design or a refund minus your deposit or 30% of the total value. This is to cover the hours of our time spent creating the ring. Ring must be in unworn condition again, this must be actioned within 14 days of collection or dispatch from our studio in Preston.
Damage and/or defects caused by fair wear and tear, accidents, use which is unreasonable or inconsistent with Windfall Jewellery's instructions, dismantling or repair by persons other than authorised Windfall repair specialists are not covered by this guarantee.
-Our product comes with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonable loss or damage. You are entitled to have the goods repaired if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and does not amount to major failure.
- In addition, Windfall Jewellery offers a 12 month Guarantee on Jewellery against defects in material and / or workmanship and 6 months on repair work conducted in our or any of our partners workshops.
- Any defects in material and/or workmanship that become evident during the Standard Guarantee validity period will be remedied by Windfall Jewellery. The form of remedy will be at the sole option of Windfall Jewellery and will be limited to repair, replacement or refund.
- In order to claim a remedy under the Standard Guarantee the goods must be returned for assessment along with proof of purchase.
- The Standard Guarantee does not include the following to the extent they are permitted in the relevant legislation;
i. Damage due to ordinary wear and tear,
ii. Damage due to misuse, accident, alteration, substitution or abuse,
iii. Repairs and alterations performed by someone other than Windfall Jewellery,
iv. Theft, disappearance or loss (including loss of gem stones), and
v. Any type of use causing damage or deterioration.
- Windfall Jewellery reserves the right to judge whether the jewellery has been subject to any of the above mentioned exclusions.
- White gold jewellery is rhodium plated to enhance its appearance. This rhodium plating can wear off during normal wear and tear. Accordingly any rhodium plating is excluded from the Standard Guarantee.
- When jewellery is repaired under guarantee or warranty, only the remaining term of the original Standard Guarantee will continue to apply. When jewellery is replaced under warranty, the new item of jewellery will automatically come with a new Standard Guarantee of twelve months from the date of replacement.
Windfall Jewellery reserves the right to judge whether or not an item has been subject to abuse, abnormal wear, alteration, substitution, or any type of use causing deterioration. If on inspection the Jewellery shows any of these, the guarantee is entirely void.
Please contact us via email first to discuss the problem and come up with the remedy at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your Windfall Jewellery back to us via registered post so that you have a tracking number as if your piece is lost on its way to us we will not be held responsible. We then send it back to you once repaired or replaced via Registered / Express Post Australia wide or Pack and Track Australia Post. Postage is to be paid by the customer. If you would not like to pay for the postage you are more than welcome to drop it in store and pick it up from there as well.
For future orders, these terms may be different and so we recommend you read these terms carefully each time you place an order. By purchasing our products, and payment of any items you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
We will not change any terms and conditions for an existing order that
has been accepted by us; the terms and conditions that will apply to the order are the terms and conditions that applied at the time you placed the order.
Find the Repairs and Replacement options in either -Rings Collection or -Necklaces Collection